Looking for a role as a Psychiatrist in Aurora, Colorado? Do you embody integrity, humility, and a passion for underserved populations? We have full-time and part-time positions for Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists as well as Psychiatrists seeing adult patients. AMHR Psychiatrics may work within a general outpatient setting and/or provide intensive services to more acute clients.
Who We Are
We are community mental health. For over 40 years, Aurora Mental Health & Recovery has provided comprehensive mental health care and addiction services, treating people of all ages and families throughout our diverse community. If you want to make a difference and touch lives in profound ways, you've come to the right place.
You may either have experience or be seeking to build experience in child adolescent psychiatry or adult psychiatry by providing direct care to a diverse population. Our child & adolescent psychiatrists as well as psychiatrists treating adults provide comprehensive psychiatric care including medication evaluations and follow-up appointments. When treating children and adolescents, you’ll have an opportunity to work closely with parents and caregivers to create better outcomes for young people from all backgrounds in Aurora. This position may include training psychiatric fellows, residents, nurse practitioner students, medical students, and nurses.
- Doctor of Medicine/Osteopathy.
- Successful completion of an accredited residency training program in Psychiatry (DO/MDs only).
- Three years of relevant clinical work experience preferred.
- State of Colorado Medical License and Valid Prescriptive Authority in good standing.
- Valid and Current DEA. DEA-X preferred.
Required Vaccinations and Testing
AMHR has prioritized the health and safety of our clients and staff. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, receive an annual influenza (flu) shot, and receive negative TB test results prior to their first day of hire. Proof of both vaccinations and negative TB test will be required upon your first day of employment.
Medical and religious exemptions may be requested for COVID-19 vaccine, annual flu shot, or TB test.
- Health insurance: Kaiser
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending accounts (dependent care & health care)
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance.
- Long-term disability coverage*
- 403(b) retirement plan which provides 100% vesting immediately, and matching contributions up to 4% after one year of employment.
- Accrued Vacation pay up to 12 days and accrued Sick Pay up to 12 days per year, plus 10 Paid Company Holidays, and 2 floating holidays (hours calculated pro-rata basis based on full-time equivalency)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Short term disability*
*Eligible for benefit if working 30 hours per week or more
- Loan Forgiveness.
- Access to an online database of clinical trainings to help you meet the continuing education licensure requirements, reimbursement to attend conferences based on your specialty interests, regular in-person trainings on a variety of clinical topics, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) trainings.
- Because focusing on clients is what matters most, billing and administrative work is taken care of by your supportive team, so you don't have to worry about your own billing!
Aurora Mental Health and Recovery Mission, Vision, and Core Values
Deeply rooted in our diverse community, we deliver state-of-the-art care and meaningful outcomes that impact emotional well-being and addiction recovery.
To foster hope and healing through compassionate, quality care.
- Passionate Caring
- Rising to the Challenge
- Honoring and Respecting All Persons
- Believing in Resilience
- Putting Clients and Community First
- Commitment to Collaboration & Teamwork
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Aurora Mental Health & Recovery and subsidiaries are dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and length, protective hairstyles), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. We do not tolerate discrimination in any form or context including harassment or exclusion.
We are committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive to ensure that it is interwoven into the fabric of our organization. We support and nourish an inclusive and welcoming environment for employees from diverse backgrounds.
Ready to start your job as a Psychiatrist at Aurora Mental Health & Recovery? Click here to search our available positions!