The Board of Directors is responsible for the governance of Aurora Mental Health & Recovery, an independent not-for-profit corporation as defined by Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The Board provides strategic and fiduciary leadership and oversight of the Center’s management to ensure the Center fulfills its mission of service to the community.
The Board is comprised of volunteers from the community who are elected by the Board and who serve a four-year term, not to exceed two terms in succession. Officers are elected from within the Board annually to serve a term of one year, or until a successor is elected.
- Chair – Dan Beyer
- Vice Chair – Gigi de Gala
- Treasurer – Cynthia Koenck
- Secretary – Patti Moon
Current Directors with affiliations and terms
- Marsha Berzins, former Aurora City Council Member (term limited), 2018–2026
- Dan Beyer, Citywide Banks, 2020–2024
- Mordecai Brownlee, Community College of Aurora, 2022–2026
- Harrison Cochran, Sentinel Newspaper Publisher, (retired), 2023–2027
- Monica Colbert, 76 Group, APS Foundation, 2023–2027
- Gigi de Gala, Nelnet, 2018–2026
- Nils Holum, Rockwood Equity, 2021–2025
- Tim Huffman, Aurora Police Department (retired), 2015–2024
- Nancy Jackson, County Commissioner, Arapahoe County (retired), 2020–2024
- Cynthia Koenck, Aurora Community College of Aurora, 2021–2025
- Patti Moon, Aurora Public Schools, 2021–2025
- Steve Nederveld, Cherry Creek School District, 2020–2024
- David Patterson, Falck Rocky Mountain, 2018–2026
- Cathy Wildman, Aurora Public Schools (retired), 2020–2024
Board of Directors Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 5:30 pm. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, board meetings are conducted virtually until further notice. Typically, there is no board meeting in July and August.