Aurora Mental Health & Recovery is committed to increasing awareness of mental health and wellness while decreasing the stigma through community education.
Our Speakers Bureau is designed to do just that. This service is available to all groups and organizations interested in providing knowledge and understanding to their staff, residents, and members alike. Our professional staff will share their knowledge and expertise on a variety of mental health and wellness topics.
Choose from one of the topics below or let us design a presentation to fit your needs. If you’d like more information about booking one of our speakers, please email communityeducation@AuroraMHR.org.
- Caregiver Resilience for Parents/Families
- Children/Teens & Mental Wellness
- Community Resources for Youth
- Helping Parents Develop Practical Tools and Preventative Strategies for Youth
- Helping Youth Manage Strong Emotions
- LGBTQIA Mental Health
- Managing Grief and Loss
- Maternal Mental Health
- Mental Health and the Developmentally Disabled
- Mental Health First Aid – What Is It?
- Parenting: New Moms, Fatherhood & Grand Parenting
- Recognizing Domestic Violence
- Refugee Mental Health
- Suicide Intervention, Crisis Intervention & Management
- The How and Why Behind DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
- Understanding Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Working Effectively with Interpreters in a Mental Health Setting
Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Topics:
- History of the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Community in Colorado
- Advocacy 101
- Know Your History: Asian American Organizing
- Post 9/11 Violence in the United States
- Understanding ImmigrAsian
- Undoing the Model Minority Myth