Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Jobs
Looking for a role as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in Aurora, Colorado? The Psychiatric Access Team at Aurora Mental Health & Recovery (AMHR) is made up of mental health care providers who are available via telehealth and in person to support individuals seeking medication evaluations and ongoing care for psychiatric conditions. We are hiring full-time and part-time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners.
Who We Are
We are community mental health. For over 40 years, Aurora Mental Health & Recovery has provided comprehensive mental health care and addiction services, treating people of all ages and families throughout our diverse community. If you want to make a difference and touch lives in profound ways, you've come to the right place.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Job Opportunities
AMHR Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners enjoy providing psychiatric services to a diverse community. They collaborate with other professionals, embrace a passion for lifelong learning, believe in resilience, and are committed to the principle of honoring and respecting all persons.
Our Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners work collaboratively with a team of other mental health caregivers committed to providing state-of-the-art mental health care to anyone in need, and they may also be charged with the mission of teaching students and other developing professionals.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Job Qualifications
- Master's degree in Nursing with Prescriptive Authority.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Nurse Practitioner in Psychiatry.
- Current Colorado NP license in good standing with State.
- Certified as an advanced practitioner of nursing by Colorado State Board of Nursing.
- Valid and Current DEA.
- Current knowledge of pharmacology.
- Ability to administer medications and injections.
- Knowledge of diagnoses and theoretical issues related to clinical treatment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn/utilize an electronic health record.
- Treatment philosophy consistent with managed care principles.
Required Vaccinations and Testing
AMHR has prioritized the health and safety of our clients and staff. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, receive an annual influenza (flu) shot, and receive negative TB test results prior to their first day of hire. Proof of both vaccinations and negative TB test will be required upon your first day of employment.
Medical and religious exemptions may be requested for COVID-19 vaccine, annual flu shot, or TB test.
- Health insurance: Kaiser
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending accounts (dependent care & health care)
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance.
- Long-term disability coverage*
- 403(b) retirement plan which provides 100% vesting immediately, and matching contributions up to 4% after one year of employment.
- Accrued Vacation pay up to 12 days and accrued Sick Pay up to 12 days per year, plus 10 Paid Company Holidays, and 2 floating holidays (hours calculated pro-rata basis based on full-time equivalency)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Short term disability*
*Eligible for benefit if working 30 hours per week or more
- Loan Forgiveness.
- Access to an online database of clinical trainings to help you meet the continuing education licensure requirements, reimbursement to attend conferences based on your specialty interests, regular in-person trainings on a variety of clinical topics, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) trainings.
- Because focusing on clients is what matters most, billing and administrative work are taken care of by your supportive team, so you don't have to worry about your own billing!
Aurora Mental Health and Recovery Mission, Vision, and Core Values
Deeply rooted in our diverse community, we deliver state-of-the-art care and meaningful outcomes that impact emotional well-being and addiction recovery.
To foster hope and healing through compassionate, quality care.
Our Core Values
- Passionate Caring
- Rising to the Challenge
- Honoring and Respecting All Persons
- Believing in Resilience
- Putting Clients and Community First
- Commitment to Collaboration & Teamwork
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Aurora Mental Health & Recovery and subsidiaries are dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and length, protective hairstyles), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. We do not tolerate discrimination in any form or context including harassment or exclusion.
We are committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive to ensure that it is interwoven into the fabric of our organization. We support and nourish an inclusive and welcoming environment for employees from diverse backgrounds.
Ready to begin your career as a psychiatric nurse practitioner at Aurora Mental Health & Recovery? Click here to search our available positions!