Mental Health Therapist Jobs
Looking for a role as a mental health therapist in Aurora, Colorado? We provide unique opportunities for individuals with a passion for community mental health to serve a diverse population and pursue a fulfilling career in clinical therapy as a mental health therapist. We have a wide range of clinical programs including Child & Family Services, Adult Intensive Services, Forensic Psychology, Immigrant and Refugee Services, a 24/7 Crisis Center, Detox Center and more. At our large, not-for-profit community mental health organization, you’ll be on the ground level providing state-of-the-art care to clients seeking help in the greater Denver area.
Who We Are
We are community mental health. For over 40 years, Aurora Mental Health & Recovery has provided comprehensive mental health care and addiction services, treating people of all ages and families throughout our diverse community. If you want to make a difference while having a mental health therapist job and touch lives in profound ways, you've come to the right place.
Mental Health Therapist Job Opportunities
We hire both Master’s level Unlicensed and Licensed Therapists to facilitate recovery and optimize quality of life in clients with behavioral health concerns. We provide clinical services, case management, and education to community members in need.
In collaboration with the client, our Clinicians also create and carry out a consistent plan of treatment, from intake and assessment to closure. One of the many benefits of working at AMHR is continuous learning, including quality supervision for clinical hours towards licensure at no cost to you!
Mental Health Therapist Qualifications
Master’s degree in counseling and be license eligible as:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC) – Applies only to our Substance Use Disorder (SUD) and Forensics teams
At least one year of clinical experience is preferred in diagnosing, completing intake assessments, and individual, family and/or group therapy.
At least two years of clinical experience providing care, including conducting individual, family and/or group therapy.
Professional licensure requirements include:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- License Addiction Counselor (LAC)
Other Mental Health Therapist Requirements
- Knowledge of theories and evidence-based practices related to clinical treatment.
- Ability to learn and utilize an electronic health record with proficiency.
- Solid understanding of mental illness and treatment modalities within multidisciplinary approach.
- Knowledge of DSM-5.
- Ability to understand and effectively respond to all client presentations and crisis situations.
- Ability to document interactions with clients, other agencies, and mental health professionals.
Required Vaccinations and Testing
AMHR has prioritized the health and safety of our clients and staff. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, receive an annual influenza (flu) shot, and receive negative TB test results prior to their first day of hire. Proof of both vaccinations and negative TB test will be required upon your first day of employment.
Medical and religious exemptions may be requested for COVID-19 vaccine, annual flu shot, or TB test.
Mental Health Therapist Job Benefits
- Health insurance: Kaiser
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending accounts (dependent care & health care)
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance.
- Long-term disability coverage*
- 403(b) retirement plan which provides 100% vesting immediately, and matching contributions up to 4% after one year of employment.
- Accrued Vacation pay up to 12 days and accrued Sick Pay up to 12 days per year, plus 10 Paid Company Holidays, and 2 floating holidays (hours calculated pro-rata basis based on full-time equivalency)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Short term disability*
* Eligible for benefit if working 30 hours per week or more
- Quality Supervision for clinical hours towards licensure at no cost to the employee.
- Loan Forgiveness.
- Continued learning benefit: AMHR meets the definition of Deem Status provided by DORA for LPC, LCSW, and LMFT licenses.
- Access to an online database of clinical trainings to help you meet the continuing education licensure requirements, reimbursement to attend conferences based on your specialty interests, regular in-person trainings on a variety of clinical topics, and DEI trainings.
- Because focusing on clients is what matters most, billing and administrative work is taken care of by your supportive team, so you don't have to worry about your own billing!
Aurora Mental Health and Recovery Mission, Vision, and Core Values
Deeply rooted in our diverse community, we deliver state-of-the-art care and meaningful outcomes that impact emotional well-being and addiction recovery.
To foster hope and healing through compassionate, quality care.
- Passionate Caring
- Rising to the Challenge
- Honoring and Respecting All Persons
- Believing in Resilience
- Putting Clients and Community First
- Commitment to Collaboration & Teamwork
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Aurora Mental Health & Recovery and subsidiaries are dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and length, protective hairstyles), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. We do not tolerate discrimination in any form or context including harassment or exclusion.
We are committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive to ensure that it is interwoven into the fabric of our organization. We support and nourish an inclusive and welcoming environment for employees from diverse backgrounds.
Ready to start your career with a job in mental health therapy at Aurora Mental Health & Recovery? Click here to search our available positions!